Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Roaming between AP Groups

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Roaming between AP Groups

Posted Mar 04, 2021 03:26 AM
    I need some advice on Aruba Central.

I have a warehouse with different areas, as well as an adjacent Admin Building with normal offices.

I need to apply custom power settings based on specific areas, and do not want to do this on an individual AP basis.

So, my "guess" would be to put these Access Points in different AP Groups, and apply these changes by group.
    Unfortunately this is a live network, and I do not have the luxury to play around with the configs & test it 

But my concerns are:
    1.  Is that the correct way to do it
    2.  Will this create separate VC's for each group ?  (so do I need to replicate the configs on each VC)
         (Or is there another way to do this)
    3.   How will this affect roaming ?

All input will be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Jaco Janse van Rensburg

• 2.  RE: Roaming between AP Groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2021 06:19 PM
    under "Radio" configuration you can create your custom power setting and assign it to a zone.
    then you can go the APs and assigned them to their respective zones.
    I would not create create another group just for this.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Roaming between AP Groups

Posted Mar 11, 2021 01:11 AM
    Thank You.

I literally found the solution 10 min after making this post..             ​

Jaco Janse van Rensburg