Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Temporary combination of Airwave and Central

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Temporary combination of Airwave and Central

Posted Jun 29, 2021 01:45 PM
    Nice to meet you all. I will post for the first time

Currently, IAP is operated in a configuration that connects to Airwave using the DHCP option.
    We are testing for a future move to Central management.
    I need to connect IAP to Central, but I'm having problems with this combination environment.

To connect to Central in this environment, IAP changes to standalone mode and assigns a static IP.
    (Because I don't want to be affected by DHCP)

After the change, I was able to use Airwave and Central together.
    However, when IAP is restarted, it connects to the Airwave side regardless of the standalone mode.
    At this time,Central will no longer identify the IAP.
    If anyone knows the cause and solution, please let us know.

• 2.  RE: Temporary combination of Airwave and Central

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 29, 2021 04:40 PM
    Hi TH99,

Far as i known you can't manage a Instant Cluster with both Airwave and Central. When move to central de-configure the Airwave configuration and re-built the configuration manually in Central. There can be one IAP Instant Cluster per VLAN. 

If you like to test Central before go live, i think the best ways is to choose a seperate VLAN with a small IAP Cluster in Aruba Central. In this seperate VLAN you should not use a DHCP option, the IAP will automatic join Aruba Central through aruba activate during boot when it have a license assigned in Central first.

Hope this helps

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACMP | ACCP | ACDA | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: Temporary combination of Airwave and Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2021 03:48 AM
    yes you can only manage the cluster from one place, either Central or AW.
    to test it out, perhaps you can have two clusters one being managed by Central and the other by AW.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: Temporary combination of Airwave and Central

Posted Jun 30, 2021 04:07 AM
    Hi mkk

Thank you very much for your support.
    I understand that it is difficult to mix Airwave and Central. I would like to address this issue separately from the VLAN.

Takahiko Hashino