Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Licensing for adding switches to Central

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Licensing for adding switches to Central

Posted Mar 13, 2021 09:31 PM
    I've not had the best experience getting pre-sales advice (apparently only available via resellers and they seem to get slow service from their HPE contact, or just be very busy, or bit of both).

We already have IAPs managed through Central, now we want to manage our Aruba switches on Central as well. In the various quotes I've had, I've seen item codes used:

JY925AAE  (for 1 year)

JY926AAE (for 3 years)

JY927AAE (for 5 years)
    .... and these correspond to descriptions mentioning '1 token' - it seems I need 1 token per switch. Seems clear enough, but then also

JZ017AAE in some cases. If I Google, this is listed as 'Universal Service Program for Schools and Libraries', (and we ARE in Education) however I'd like a more detailed description of what that involves - if anyone could help please?

I have also come across JY928AAE which is listed as a token for 'Cloud Services'  - what's that for exactly?

I have looked here:
    About Aruba Central Licenses

and I wonder if this page is up-to-date (or maybe based on the upcoming licensing model not yet available (in my market anyway)). For switches it tells me 3 things:
    1) That 'foundation' is a key aspect to the switch license, but the word 'foundation' is NOT generally used in resellers descriptions of the above codes I listed (apologies if I missed)
    2) That Aruba Central does not provide 'Switch Advanced Licenses' - unhelpful, for me just begs the question 'what is a switch advanced license'?
    3) That MAS licenses will get converted, but again doesn't tell me what those are. Maybe the current type that will continue in my market for another 1-2 months??, or maybe a very old type that's practically irrelevant?, I have no idea.
    Is there a better page than this to help customers confirm what licenses they really need?

• 2.  RE: Licensing for adding switches to Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2021 07:18 AM
    JY925AAE, JY926AAE and JY927AAE correspond to Device Management Subscriptions - 1, 3 and 5 years respectively. 

If you were to buy one of these today you would be able to assign it to a switch and then manage that switch within Aruba Central.

This is outside my realm of expertise because I'm not in the US, but if you are e-rate eligible (something to do with USA based K-12) then the JZ017AAE part might be applicable. Only particular Aruba resellers are able to provide you this product.

The Cloud Services tokens are not applicable to Switches.