Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Connect to Console via Central

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  Connect to Console via Central

Posted Jul 26, 2021 05:41 AM
    Hi,

I'm unable to login to the console from central on any of the 6300m switches or any of the APs (535 & 575) in the estate I'm working on.

Switches are on10.07.0010
    AP are on 8.8.0.1 
    Central EU1

We have over 2000 APs and 400 switches across 50 Central customers running MSP Central. I'm unable to connect to the console from Central on any that I've tried.

When I click on the console button a login prompt is displayed pre-filled with the username admin. When I click the big connect button, I would expect the password prompt to be displayed but it just says "Session closed."

Any ideas?

------------------------------
    James Whitehead

• 2.  RE: Connect to Console via Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2021 06:25 AM
    Is that the same for AP and Switches?

Did you press enter on the 'login as: admin' prompt? You can change the username to something else before you press enter, so it is a pre-filled login prompt, but you still need to press enter.

If you did that, please reach out to Aruba support.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Connect to Console via Central

Posted Jul 26, 2021 06:33 AM
    Hi Herman,

Yep, I pressed enter. :) Also tried changing the username, as we don't really use admin, and I get the same result.

All devices are behind a proxy and I suspect that;s something to do with it.

James Whitehead

• 4.  RE: Connect to Console via Central

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 27, 2021 03:13 PM
    Yes, you need to open a specify flow to have remote access

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 5.  RE: Connect to Console via Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2021 07:05 PM
    you need to open the 443 port for the following domain names

rcs-m.central.arubanetworks.com (For all other regions)
    central-eu-rcs.central.arubanetworks.com (For Europe region)

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 6.  RE: Connect to Console via Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2021 04:28 AM
    Hi James,

Yes, if you are using a internal DNS server ( not the public DNS) then it should be able to resolve the below for successful console connection.

central-eu-rcs.central.arubanetworks.com (For Europe region) and also 443 should be open for this domain name.