Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things Aruba Central and UXI Network Management, this includes Aruba Central managed networks, Central configuration, best practices, Central APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics and Other Central Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Internal Server limit

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Internal Server limit

Posted May 12, 2022 01:20 PM
    Hi, 

In an Aruba IAP Cluster managed by Aruba Central, is there a entries limit for the Internal Server authentication method?

Regards,

------------------------------
    Jorge Arriaza

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Internal Server limit
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2022 07:18 PM
    From memory the max entries you can have in Instant's internal server is 512.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Internal Server limit

Posted May 16, 2022 02:41 PM
    That value could vary from one ap model to other?

Jorge Arriaza

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central Internal Server limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 20, 2022 11:22 AM

Don't think it differs per AP type. If you reach such numbers, it may be good to consider an external authentication server to have better user management, monitoring and control.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central Internal Server limit

Posted 22 days ago
    Having Question. Has anyone moved to Central for wired and/or wireless and completely regretted it?
    facetime app

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central Internal Server limit

Posted 22 days ago

We have completely moved to the cloud for wireless,  and have not regretted it, the added features without having to purchase expensive on-prem infrastructure are extremely valuable.  However I do have to say our techs really miss the immediacy of on-prem management and do not like the delay in reporting and t-shooting.  When t-shooting client connection problems there is a very annoying delay of status updates to the Aruba Cloud.  It can frequently take up to 10 minutes for Aruba Cloud to display status updates of current client connections.  You have to get used to thinking "this is what the network looked like 10 minutes ago".  Users do not like to wait on the phone for 10 minutes while support has to wait for status updates.  To get current status you have to SSH to a device onsite which is sort of a rough spot for a Cloud Managed product especially if you do not have access to an on-site management station.  It is also difficult for L1 support staff to deal with SSH and CLI commands. After Aruba Cloud migrated off of Amazon last month the portal navigation response became much faster but I don't know if client status updates are any faster.

Also the Hotspot Guest access features and customization are less robust then when everything was on-prem.  For instance, t-shooting information on hotspot clients with connection problems is lacking, you cannot add mac address authentication bypass to a cloud hosted guest access SSID, and the portal itself has very limited visual themeing.

But this is the way IT is moving and the Aruba hardware is much higher quality/performance and the software is much more feature rich that anything else I am aware of.  As long as you don't listen to Sales people to much and go in knowing that every solution has its problems I don't think you would regrets Aruba's Cloud offerings on the wireless side.  We generally customize our switches beyond the GUI management capabilities of Aruba's Cloud so I don't have enough experience with the script template management mode to comment on that end.