Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Network Packet Loss after Aruba Wireless Firmware upgrade to 8.4.0.1

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Network Packet Loss after Aruba Wireless Firmware upgrade to 8.4.0.1

Posted Apr 18, 2019 04:14 AM

So this is a weird issue. I just upgraded our Aruba Wireless firmware from 6.4 to 8.4 and I've lost access to several of my edge switches on my network. I'm getting 94% ping timeouts when I try to communicate with those switches. Did not have this issue on firmware 6.4.

I've narrowed the problem cause to the Virtual Controller. When the AP the VC is running on is rebooted, while the VC IP is offline, the packet loss disappears and I regain access to my switches. As soon as the VC tranfers to another AP and comes back online I lose access again and the packet loss returns.

I am struggling to find the cause of this but it must be something in the 8.4 firmware. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: The ping loss appears to only affect HP Procurvew 2520 Switches. Latest firmware does not fix the problem.

• 2.  RE: Network Packet Loss after Aruba Wireless Firmware upgrade to 8.4.0.1

Posted Sep 14, 2021 03:27 PM
    I had the same behavior after updating to 8.4 - the issue was in the wrong configuration of the Local DHCP Scopes on VC.

------------------------------
    Alex Rakhmanov

• 3.  RE: Network Packet Loss after Aruba Wireless Firmware upgrade to 8.4.0.1

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 15, 2021 02:57 AM
    Hi Vik,

Not a answer to your issue but please note that ArubaOS 8.4.x.x is end-of-support since december 2019 (link). I would recommend to upgrade to the latest conservative release what is 8.6.0.13 at the moment. For urgent matters please contact TAC support to assist you.

- hmmm old post, ignorel;) -

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own