Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading Gemini (505) Firmware via REST API

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Upgrading Gemini (505) Firmware via REST API

Posted May 05, 2021 11:53 AM
    I was looking to upgrade some 505 and 505H (Gemini platform) through the REST API. I found the API in the documentation:

/rest/os-upgrade
    {"upgrade-info":{"auto-reboot":true, <platform-url>: ftp://10.1.1.41/ArubaInstant_platform_8.5.0.0_69414}}

The issue is that the Gemini platform doesn't seem to be availble in the APIs...

I've checked both the 8.7 and 8.8 documentation.
    Am I missing something? How do I update the firmware via API on a Gemini AP?

------------------------------
    Jo McGhee

• 2.  RE: Upgrading Gemini (505) Firmware via REST API

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2021 04:41 AM
    Couple of things.  The parameter for auto-reboot is yes, rather than true.
    I had the same issues "Failed to parse JSON input for /rest/os-upgrade".  You need to wrap the url in "" like below example.

{"upgrade-info": {"auto-reboot": "yes", "Gemini-url": "http://192.168.3.102/ArubaInstant_Gemini_8.8.0.0_79697" }}

I'll get techpubs to update the documentation.

Michael Clarke (Aruba)

• 3.  RE: Upgrading Gemini (505) Firmware via REST API

Posted May 06, 2021 03:34 PM
    Thank you for the replay. You helped me to take a closer look.
    After tweaking the payload I checked the logs and found that the AP complained of not having a route to the destination. The destination was correct but it was an IPv4 address. The AP has a IPv6 address. Once I switch it to the destination to the IPv6 address it worked.

Thanks!

Jo McGhee