Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Outdoor AP integrated and external Antenna

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Outdoor AP integrated and external Antenna

Posted Apr 29, 2021 12:57 PM
    Hi 

Does anyone knew the distance that radio signal can reach for Aruba 570 and 370 series? Because we are planning to deploy a PTP wireless bridge using Aruba outdoor AP solutions but we don't have an idea how long the radio signal of each model that can reach so we can pick the right AP and correct Antenna. I tried to look for a documentation but cannot find in Aruba website.  We have a multiple trailer locations and some locations like 500 meters or more away from the main office and we want to make sure that we pick the correct model and antenna that we can use in each locations. 

Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
    Jose Songkip

• 2.  RE: Outdoor AP integrated and external Antenna

Posted Apr 29, 2021 01:05 PM
    Jose,

I'm not sure if you registered for Atmosphere 2021, but there was a good discussion on that as part of this AirHead session: AB316AM: Apply Radio Frequency (RF) Fundamentals to Optimize Wi-Fi Design

The link is here and I don't think you will need to log in to watch:  https://youtu.be/CFW0b5_s-_g

Regards,
    Jim
    --

• 3.  RE: Outdoor AP integrated and external Antenna

Posted Apr 29, 2021 01:09 PM
    The discussion on Outdoor and Mesh starts right about an hour into the video, which should help you in your decision making process.  However the whole session is definitely worth the watch!

--

• 4.  RE: Outdoor AP integrated and external Antenna

Posted Apr 30, 2021 03:52 AM
    Thank you Jim. Yes I was registered to ATM '21 but not yet get through to other videos in there. But I will check and watch it.

Jose Songkip