Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS controller and DUR - Limitation of role name?

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  AOS controller and DUR - Limitation of role name?

Posted Jun 17, 2021 07:20 AM

Hello!

Is there a limitation for role and acl name length at the downloading process of a downloadable user role?
    On the controller itself, the role and acl name is expected to be 1-63 characters long.
    In an actual setup, I recognized that if the role name provided by Aruba-CPPM-Role (enforcement profile name + version number) exeedes 20 caracters, in my case 23 caracters, the role get stuck in error state.
    If you issue show rights, the DUR is listed, but without acl's provided by clearpass.

At the moment you cut off the enforcementprofiles name, so that the role/acl name don't exceed 20 caracters, the role will be downloaded successfully and also the acl's provided by clearpass will be visible in the roles context if you issue show rights.

Can someone point me out a documentation about, how log the aruba-CPPM-Role values are allowed to be?

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Best regards, mom

• 2.  RE: AOS controller and DUR - Limitation of role name?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2021 02:50 AM
    I can't find any such limitation called out in the Userguide.  I agree that 20 chars is too short and we should at least match the 63 char limit.
    I'll try to reproduce here sometime.

Michael Clarke (Aruba)

• 3.  RE: AOS controller and DUR - Limitation of role name?

Posted Jun 18, 2021 03:27 AM

Hi,

This would be nice...

I was also not able to find anything regarding this.

Sometimes ago, I remember, I read a community post (in the old airheads forum) regarding the rolename length limitations but for arubaOS switches.
    It would be nice to have a table of all aruba NAD devices supporting the Aruba-CPPM-Role attribute, and their character limits.
    Because I have in mind, that switches (Mobility access switch at clearpass ENF PROF) are limited to 32 signs using the same attribute (Aruba-CPPM-Role).

Thank you!

Best regards, mom