Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Missing info from controller AOS 8

This thread has been viewed 84 times
  • 1.  Missing info from controller AOS 8

Posted Nov 14, 2020 12:16 PM
    I recently did an manual migration from AOS 6.x to 8.x. I also added a mobility controller that manages two 7210 controllers.

I migrated one controller to the mobility master first, followed by all the aps and last I migrated the last controller. Everything went smoothly but after migration of the last controller I noticed something strange.

If I on the MM click on controllers in the top and then on the little arrow next to the controllers I don't get full information from the controller I migrated last.
    Information like country, boot partition, serial number and more is missing. Also on the graphical presentation of the controllers I don't see any interface that I can get information from. See picture.
    mc
    I moved one AP to this controller but if I check on the dashboard of that controller, I see no information from that ap.
    mc-dashboardIf I log in directly on that controllers GUI everything is fine, I can see all the information. The AP is working and forwards traffic.

I also did configure a cluster with my two controllers and the cluster did form and everything was working, wlan traffic was passing through the controllers. The problem was that I couldn't see any information from the aps that ended up on "broken" controller. In the MM GUI all the ap terminating on the "broken" controller showed up as being down. I tried a reboot of the controller but that didn't help.

Have I missed something in the configuration or is this a software bug? I'm running version 8.7.1. Mobility Master is a hardware appliance. Didn't see anything in the release notes. The other controller operates normal and I can see all the information.

------------------------------
    Christoffer Starck

• 2.  RE: Missing info from controller AOS 8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2020 12:30 PM
    Check to make sure that the Openflow configuration profile for that controller has the parameters below:

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Missing info from controller AOS 8

Posted Nov 14, 2020 01:00 PM
    Looks the same. Also the same settings on the working controller and on the group.

Christoffer Starck

• 4.  RE: Missing info from controller AOS 8
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2020 02:42 PM
    I would type "show crypto ipsec sa" on the MM to ensure that there is an ipsec connection between the MM and that MD.  Also type "show switches" to make sure the config on that MD is up to date.  If that doesn't work, I would do a "write erase all" on the MD and re-join it.  Also, on the MD, type "show switchinfo" to ensure that the ip address of the master is correct.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Missing info from controller AOS 8

Posted Nov 14, 2020 04:46 PM
    "show crypto ipsec sa" and "show switches" looks good to me. "show switchinfo" on MD shows correct master ip.

I will try a re-join next week. All I need to do is "write erase all" and "reload" on the MD? Then I do the initial-setup again? Or do I need to enter disaster recovery mode?

Christoffer Starck

• 6.  RE: Missing info from controller AOS 8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2020 05:09 PM
    Write erase all and reload.  When you do a write erase all and reload, delete the MD's account from your MM.

• 7.  RE: Missing info from controller AOS 8

Posted Nov 16, 2020 11:15 AM
    "write erase all" on the controller, removed MC object and IPsec-config on the MM and then re-join through initial setup fixed this issue. Controller works as expected now.

Thank you for the help.

Christoffer Starck