Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with Clearpass Agent 6.8.8.120770.

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Issues with Clearpass Agent 6.8.8.120770.

Posted Feb 18, 2021 09:55 AM
    I know, I'm probably not supposed to be here, However my University's ITS is completely useless and I cannot get Aruba to talk to me unless I am the School's contract holder(which I am not).

Clearpass Agent 6.8.8 Installs, but does not function in Ubuntu 20.04. The first issue that I was having(which is now resolved) was that clearpass-agentcontroller-service was not starting due to incorrect ownership of /usr/share/clearpass-onguard/logs. I transferred ownership to my current username and it stopped spitting out that error message. Now clearpass onguard starts, but the "diagnostic" logs say "Failed to connect to the clearpass agent controller service". I'm kind of at a dead end here and would really appreciate any suggestions. I can also provide any logs that are requested.

------------------------------
    Nolan Boner

• 2.  RE: Issues with Clearpass Agent 6.8.8.120770.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2021 04:50 AM
    Probably best is to work with your helpdesk to get this checked and escalated to Aruba if needed.

Note there are some known-issues with OnGuard on Ubuntu for version 6.8.8 which may be applicable here.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.