Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Managment VLAN AP505

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Managment VLAN AP505

Posted Apr 02, 2021 09:34 AM
    Dears 
    I failed to set static IPv4 for AP 505 with version

------------------------------
    mostafa bashar

• 2.  RE: Managment VLAN AP505

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2021 12:03 PM
    Use the untagged VLAN from your switch to put the management VLAN in. Switch port configuration for Instant APs: untagged/native VLAN the management VLAN, user VLANs are tagged. Don't configure the management VLAN on your AP, and it will take the native VLAN.

If you select one of your APs, and edit them, there is the option to set a static IP. I would recommend keeping things simple and use DHCP on the untagged management VLAN.

More detailed info can be found in the Aruba Instant Validated Reference Design guide.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Managment VLAN AP505

Posted Apr 03, 2021 03:09 PM
      |   view attached
    thanks Herman ,
    I found the place that i can se static IP and assign managment VLAN . also i tried your solution and both working well. Now i have another two question
    1- about guest network . i configure guest network as it shown in image . it working well with internet explorer but not working with chrome . chrome not redirect me to ( securelogin.arubanetworks.com) . Kindly advice

2- when i open AP website from chrome it give status not secure as invalid certification . when i open the AP certificate expire date is seem well so my question is there any way to force chrome to install AP certificate that come with the unit ? or is there any way to download this certificate and install it manual in trusted certifictae on chrome

mostafa bashar

• 4.  RE: Managment VLAN AP505

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2021 04:36 AM
    You will need to get and install a trusted HTTPS certificate. The default certificate is not trusted and should be replaced. Some history about this in this thread.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.