Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7005 - Setup guide?

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  7005 - Setup guide?

Posted Nov 14, 2020 10:19 AM
    I got my hands on a 7005 controller and licensing, never been used, updated, or registered. i don't know where to begin with it. 

Are there are "getting started" guides out there or installation/deployment docs? I have an IAP-205, IAP-207 and an IAP-225 that I'm hoping to use with it.

Any feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks.

------------------------------
    Romual Piecyk

• 2.  RE: 7005 - Setup guide?

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 14, 2020 11:58 AM
    When you are starting up a factory reset controller, you should be presented with a setup wizard. It will ask you all of the initial questions to fill out the initial config to get it up and manageable via SSH/WebUI (Hostname Interface for uplink, IP address/Mask, Gateway, etc....

Once you can get on to the controller either by SSH or Web, you can apply your licenses. If you have not already registered the licenses to the serial of your controller, then visit asp.arubanetworks.com and navigate to the licensing portal. If you haven't already, set up an Aruba account.

That should get your controller ready to start managing APs, and to start testing out various configurations. 

I would also recommend going through the below links at a minimum. I would always recommend some into training as well along the ACMA or AMCP level.

Understanding ArubaOS v8 book: https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-ArubaOS-Version-David-Westcott/dp/0998470414/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=aos8&qid=1605372582&sr=8-1

AOS 8.6 User Guide: https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_ViewDetails/Default.aspx?EntryId=37361

Dustin Burns