Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Licences for 7205

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Licences for 7205

Posted Jan 03, 2021 11:02 PM

Hello everyone.

I plan to use AP-500 access points with a cluster of two 7205 controllers (HA). What licenses do I need for this?

I think that i need LIC-AP and LIC-PEF for access points.

Will that be enough for me?

Where can I find more information about additional licenses? What options do these licenses can give for the user and administrator?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Licences for 7205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2021 07:44 AM
    It depends on your requirements. Best to work with your Aruba partner or sales team to match your requirements with the available licenses.

Most of the features are covered in the ArubaOS datasheet. If you want to cluster the controllers, instead of just active-passive HA, you might also benefit from the Mobility Conductor (formerly MM) to enable active-active clustering and cluster live upgrades.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Licences for 7205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2021 09:30 AM
    Hi Daniel, I would suggest to contact an Aruba Partner for getting best Bill of Materials for your needs.
    Check
    http://findapartner.arubanetworks.com/aruba.html
    for finding a Partner near you.

Or ask questions in this forum. There are a lot of skilled people which help you with finding the right gear. But in my experience talking is much more easy than typing.

• 4.  RE: Licences for 7205

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 05, 2021 01:50 PM
    Hi Daniel,

For a basic environment the AP-LIC (AP capacity licence) are required and the AP-PEF (Policy Enforcement Firewall) are strongly recommended. Both licences must be the same amount as your access points count.

Other licences could be add on your need, like the AP-RFP (RF-Protect) for spectrum analysis and Wireless Intrusion Protection (WIPS) features. Or an Web-CC (WEB Content Classification) subsciption for content clasification filtering.  All this licences are in the same amount of your access points.

An Aruba Mobility Master is strongly recommended and is required if you like an active/active cluster with hitless failover, in service upgrades, or features like Airmatch what is the smarter equivelant of the basic available ARM (Adaptive Radio Management). A Mobility Master can act as central configuration, licence server and management platform. An MM-VA-500 license is needed to run the Mobility Master (as virtual appliance on your own VMware or Hyper-V plaform). The amount of mobility master licences count as accesspoints+controllers, for example 498 accesspoints and 2 managed device controller.

Note that the Mobility Master have recently got a new name, the new name is a Mobility Conductor but means the same.

There are other options an strategies available for each use case, thats why we recommend to team with your local Aruba partner to create the best design for your environment.

Also take a look into the datasheets for some more information. 
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/resource/aruba-mobility-master-data-sheet/

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2020 | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE

• 5.  RE: Licences for 7205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2021 04:25 AM
    The basic 3 licenses you will need is LIC-AP, RFProtect, and LIC-PEF. That being said, contact your Aruba partner to match your requirements.