Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7210 - Assigning Time Ranges

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  7210 - Assigning Time Ranges

Posted Dec 07, 2021 12:04 PM
    Hi all,

We have a guest network that is accessible from 0601 - 1700, and a night network accessible from 1701 until 0600.

My supervisor would like to consolidate this to one guest network available all of the time.

Going through the documentation, I understand how to make time ranges, but not how to apply them.

Could someone please help me understand? I am trying to configure an Aruba 7210 running 6.5.4.20. Thank you!

------------------------------
    Christopher Cate

• 2.  RE: 7210 - Assigning Time Ranges

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 07, 2021 03:23 PM
    You would apply this in the Virtual-AP Profile for that WLAN. See Below. You can also create custom time ranges in the CLI like so:

time-range periodic night-hours
        weekday 18:01 to 23:59
        weekday 00:00 to 07:59
    !
    time-range periodic working-hours
        weekday 08:00 to 18:00

https://community.arubanetworks.com/browse/articles/blogviewer?blogkey=aea9f369-3a92-492d-973f-c9f8f672ffb8

Airheads Community
    Airheads Community remove preview
    Airheads Community
    What does the controller and AP do when the deny time range is set on the controller? A: Deny time range in Virtual AP profile limits the access to the network based on the time specified. This feature is useful when in a particular network you want to restrict access to any resources after working hours or during weekends.
    View this on Airheads Community >

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos