Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitor Probe Requests via CLI

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Monitor Probe Requests via CLI

MVP
    Posted Jun 15, 2021 08:20 PM
    I'm looking for a way to check for probe requests / replies to a specific AP or from a specific client-mac. I know how to do this over-the-air, but i will not be at the location where we need to do this. I'm aware of the "show ap remote debug mgmt-frames ap-name <ap-name>" command that shows auth, assoc, deauth, reassoc, etc., but can't seem to find a command that just shows probes.

What i suspect may be happening is that the device is configured with an SSID that is misspelled, which we've had before, but i want to avoid driving 90 minutes to confirm this if I can do it remotely.

Thanks for the help!

------------------------------
    Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021

• 2.  RE: Monitor Probe Requests via CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 15, 2021 09:20 PM
    Do a packet capture on a channel from an AP.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Monitor Probe Requests via CLI

MVP
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 08:43 AM
    Thanks! Do you have any guide or instructions on completing this? I've done so on clients, but not for APs. I did see the option i believe in the WebUI, but have never successfully completed one.

Thanks!

Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021

• 4.  RE: Monitor Probe Requests via CLI
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 09:22 AM
    Please see Wescott's response here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=33718

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.