Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wi-Fi calls are not supported and not recommended for any real-time service...

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Wi-Fi calls are not supported and not recommended for any real-time service...

Posted Feb 11, 2021 02:55 AM
    Hi guys,

Yes, "Wi-Fi calls are not supported and not recommended for any real-time service..." 
    I received an email with this text as a summary and it relies on certain half-truths for my point of view.

I already told (before got this email) that we have Aruba 802.11ac and/or 802.11ax APs only,  and we are open to do any change that the solution/app needs (open/close ports, QoS, RF settings, no NAT IPv4 address if is need it, etc.).

so... what do you think about it?

P.D.: I´ll tell the solution and details after your comments (cross fingers). 

Best regards.

------------------------------
    Homero Borgo

• 2.  RE: Wi-Fi calls are not supported and not recommended for any real-time service...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2021 03:56 AM
    I don't know where you received that e-mail from, so it is hard to comment. Also, Wi-Fi calls can mean a lot of different things. Maybe you can provide some more context, what you are trying to do and what you run into?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Wi-Fi calls are not supported and not recommended for any real-time service...

Posted Feb 15, 2021 04:52 PM
    Hi,

I don't want to fight or wash one's dirty linen in public.  
    I only want a forceful answer if the context of the WLAN network has what is necessary, there should be no problem, this is:
    If it is necessary to make configuration changes, add coverage, modify the RF profiles, reserve bandwidth, etc... WE CAN DO IT!!  but Don't tell me you can't just like this on an Aruba 802.11ac Wi-Fi network, not in 2021 (maybe in before 2003 with 802.11b).

General Context:
    Our WLAN is Aruba 802.11ac or 802.11ax (depends of the location). The device is designed for "MS Teams rooms". The test location in this specific case have one AP-555 at 15 meters with excelent signal and there that have in the worst case other 6 devices connected).

Please send me direct messaje and i tell you all the stuff (original email with all the data that you need).

Homero Borgo