Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Where do we post ideas? Toggle aps to scan/monitor

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Where do we post ideas? Toggle aps to scan/monitor

MVP
    Posted Nov 24, 2020 11:52 PM
    Hey. Everyone,

I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm wondering about a potential feature that could be added as part of the mobility controller. 

It seems as though I can set up an ap as a monitor instead of an ap so that I can see weather there is interference and such, but that'sa permanent (ish) setting.  
    wouldn't it be cool if.. 
    I have 400+ aps deployed on campus. There is a lot of time that many of those aps don't have any users connected to them (especially now with the Covid. Why couldn't some of those aps toggle to scan mode for a while, see what's going on, then switch back to ap mode?  They could totally do some of the stuff that the cape sensors do, and you could even add some license to monetize it ( though I wish there were less licenses, kinda like the switches -buy it. It works. License some stuff, sure, but combine them so we can just use the gear - that's another post, I suppose). 

Anyway, put those aps to work when they aren't. :)

------------------------------
    Phillip Horn

• 2.  RE: Where do we post ideas? Toggle aps to scan/monitor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2020 02:58 AM
    Philip, if you work for one of our partners you can post that to Innovation Zone (reachable from the Aruba Support Portal).
    If not, you can reach out to your partner or local Aruba SE to get this idea filed.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.