Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Master and Mobility controller Redundancy

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Mobility Master and Mobility controller Redundancy

Posted Jun 16, 2021 11:57 AM
    Hello,
    I have a Mobility Master and two 7210 Mobility controllers in cluster at a Datacenter with L3 communication to site A, on a site A I have an 9004 controller where my APs register, the 9004 is controlled by the MM and I want to provide redundancy to the Local APs when something appends to the 9004 they can register to the 7210 cluster.
    Who can I do this config?
    Awaiting feedback.
    Best Regards.

------------------------------
    Paulo Pinto

• 2.  RE: Mobility Master and Mobility controller Redundancy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 03:11 PM
    You would configure the LMS-IP as the ip address of the 9004 and the backup lms-ip as the VRRP ip address of the 7210 cluster.  A drawback of that approach is that any disruption of connectivity would lead to having APs end up on the cluster, which could be a management headache.  If outages do not occur that often, don't both with pointing APs at a second controller for redundancy: make a local cluster, instead.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.