Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Certificates (sorry!) for Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Certificates (sorry!) for Captive Portal

Posted Apr 27, 2021 01:43 PM
    Hi guys, getting back into Aruba after a number of years out. Well, about 15! At my new firm we are going from Aerohive to Aruba, got most of it working fine. We are using Central.

One thing is getting devices working on the CP, I have a windows laptop with Chrome browser, does'nt show my CP page, also my mobile shows a certificate error.

I am aware I need to install a public cert onto our VC, can I get one for free from someone as we are testing? Any work around?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    James Ridout

• 2.  RE: Certificates (sorry!) for Captive Portal

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 28, 2021 03:53 AM
    You will need to obtain a certificate for the Captive Portal if you are using devices you have no control over. Ideally it should be a publicly signed certificate which there the Trust List will be present in Mobile devices. The default certificate which ships with IAPs is for testing purposes and should be replaced.

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: Certificates (sorry!) for Captive Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2021 10:28 AM
    If you are using Central, you can push a trusted certificate for the Instant AP from there. Under your AP configuration, Security, Certificate Usage, Captive Portal, select aruba_default to get a trusted certificate for securelogin.hpe.com:

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.