Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Outdoor tripod/pole for mounting a temporary directional access point

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Outdoor tripod/pole for mounting a temporary directional access point

MVP
    Posted Feb 26, 2021 08:30 AM
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a method of mounting a directional access point on a pole/tripod for a temporary event happening in May. It takes place on our football field that does not have permanent wireless coverage. 

Does anyone have a product that they can recommend?

------------------------------
    Nathan Kuhl

• 2.  RE: Outdoor tripod/pole for mounting a temporary directional access point

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 26, 2021 08:46 AM
    I would go with an AP-577, 567, 377 or 367 depending on your needs when it comes to client density, and speeds. Each has a directional antenna pattern (90-degree beam width, 80 on the 377) and you can point it in the areas you need coverage. This paired with the AP-270-MNT-H3 will allow you to mount to a flat surface or pole, and align it vertically and horizontally.

Dustin Burns

• 3.  RE: Outdoor tripod/pole for mounting a temporary directional access point

MVP
    Posted Feb 26, 2021 08:50 AM
    Thanks. Any recommendation on a pole or tripod that people have already used for outdoor Aruba APs that can be easily put up and taken down?

• 4.  RE: Outdoor tripod/pole for mounting a temporary directional access point

MVP
    Posted Feb 26, 2021 09:37 AM
    I've borrowed speaker stands from our media dept to do this when we needed to set up a temp AP somewhere. Saved me from having to buy something that would sit in a closet 99% of the time.

• 5.  RE: Outdoor tripod/pole for mounting a temporary directional access point

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 26, 2021 09:58 AM
    Yea speaker stands are great! If not, any type of wide/heavy base tripod would work.

Dustin Burns