Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Bad Configuration Recovery

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Bad Configuration Recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2021 06:39 PM
    Hi,
      Is there a way to stop CONFIG ROLLBACK on the MM/MD? We are having an issue where the controller, MD, keep rolling back for some reason?

• 2.  RE: Bad Configuration Recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2021 07:56 PM
    A configuration rollback happens when a configuration change interrupts connectivity between the MD and the MM after the configuration is applied.  When the MD rolls back the configuration, it should try to apply the faulty config twice and then it should stop until you make another change to the configuration..rolling back to the previous config.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Bad Configuration Recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2021 03:39 AM
     Is there a way to stop CONFIG ROLLBACK ?

• 4.  RE: Bad Configuration Recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2021 05:10 AM
    Don't make a change that disconnects the MD from the MM.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Bad Configuration Recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2021 04:14 PM
    We are not making any changes and the controller was running perfectly fine for a year, the controller just keep going into config rollback for no reason. Again, no changes have been made to the switch or the controller side!

• 6.  RE: Bad Configuration Recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2021 06:16 PM
    I would look at the audit trail on the MM (show audit-trail) and I would open a technical support case to understand what could be happening.  I am only telling how it is designed to work.  You could have a bug.

• 7.  RE: Bad Configuration Recovery
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 01:58 AM
    Just an update on this post. This is a bug where if you add more then 139 vlans on the uplink on the controller it will go on Gonfig Rollback mode. TAC working on getting a solution for this issue.