Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IOS version files

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  IOS version files

Posted Jan 26, 2022 12:13 PM
    I tried using the 'local file' option in the GUI upgrade section for a 7280 Controller. I set 'Upgrade using' to 'local file'; browsed to the correct file; and clicked on 'Partition 1'. The upgrade button never became available. I was able to load the Mobility Master file, but the 2 controllers are not allowing me to do the same. Along with that, I am trying to find a way to view and interact with the files on the controllers in the CLI just as I would with a Cisco, Juniper, or Brocade device. That doesn't seem to be an option, either. I would like to see them, delete a file in one partition, or add a file. My next effort will be to look at adding a file with a USB since we don't see to have an option for TFTP, SCP, etc. I see the command for loading with a USB in the 8.6.0.15 Release Notes.

------------------------------
    Kirk Christensen

• 2.  RE: IOS version files

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 26, 2022 12:23 PM
    Did you download two separate files? There is one for use on MMs, and another for MCs. MM code cant be used on MCs, and MC code cant be used on MMs

Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: IOS version files

Posted Jan 26, 2022 12:30 PM
    Yes, I tried the 7280 and 72xx files for the controllers. The previous admin used the 72xx for the 8.6.0.9 which is loaded on partition 0 of both controllers.

Kirk Christensen

• 4.  RE: IOS version files

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 26, 2022 01:03 PM
    So just to confirm you are using this for 7280?: https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads/software/RmlsZTo2MjBmMmIwMC0zMzhkLTExZWMtYjk3Mi1hNzI4MGNmMjQ1NmM%3D

And this for the MM?:
    https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads/software/RmlsZTpiNTM1NGFhOC0zMzhkLTExZWMtOWUwNC1lMzc3YjY4ZjkyNDQ%3D

Dustin Burns

• 5.  RE: IOS version files

Posted Jan 26, 2022 01:12 PM
    ArubaOS_7280_8.6.0.15-FIPS_81970    for the 7280 Controllers 

ArubaOS_MM_8.6.0.15-FIPS_81970      for the MM

Kirk Christensen

• 6.  RE: IOS version files

Posted Jan 26, 2022 01:15 PM

Kirk Christensen

• 7.  RE: IOS version files

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 26, 2022 01:35 PM
    Strange. Have you tried another browser, or rebooting the controller? This may be a TAC call.

Dustin Burns

• 8.  RE: IOS version files

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 26, 2022 01:41 PM
    Also, have you tried through CLI?

1. Execute the show image version command to check if the ArubaOS image is loaded on the flash partition. The partition number appears in the Partition row; 0:0 is partition 0, and 0:1 is partition 1. The active boot partition is marked as Default boot.
    (host) #show image version

2. Execute the copy command to load the new image to the non-boot partition.

(host)# copy ftp: <ftphost> <ftpusername> <image filename> system: partition <0|1>

or

(host)# copy tftp: <tftphost> <image filename> system: partition <0|1>

or

(host)# copy scp: <scphost> <scpusername> <image filename> system: partition <0|1>

or

(host)# copy usb: partition <partition-number> <image filename> system: partition <0|1>

<ftphost><ftpusername><tftphost><scphost><scpusername><partition-number>3. Execute the show image version command to verify that the new image is loaded.
    (host)# show image version

4. Reboot the Controller.
    (host)#reload

5. Execute the show version command to verify that the upgrade is complete.
    (host)#show version</partition-number></scpusername></scphost></tftphost></ftpusername></ftphost>

Dustin Burns

• 9.  RE: IOS version files

Posted Jan 28, 2022 10:19 AM
    Yeah, I saw those commands in the upgrade document. I was hoping to find a way to get to the flash where the files are saved just as you would in a Cisco device: show flash: or dir flash:. One thing I just noticed: The reboot button is grayed out on both controllers just like the Upgrade button when I try to load a local file. I am also trying to figure out WinSCP right now as our admins put it on my RDP client desktop (that's what I have to use to get to the Aruba devices). I also got, 'Error:You do not have permission to execute this command' when I tried to use SCP. I have seen that before. I had to use some commands to change the directory that I am in...or something like that. I have almost never had a use for Linux, so I am weak on my knowledge of it.

Kirk Christensen