Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Tx/EIRP reporting on AP 515

This thread has been viewed 119 times
  • 1.  Tx/EIRP reporting on AP 515

Posted Nov 30, 2021 09:20 AM
    I am new to Aruba Wireless and have recently surveyed an AP-515 deployment inside a facility. Without granted access to the Controller, I had to rely on my analyzer's measurements and pcaps to find out information about the transmit powers. 
    Pcap shows there should be 3different sub-band limits, according to local regulatory domain EIRP limitations, but there is also the TPC Report showing "Transmit Power" as 18dBm for UNII-1,2&2e operating AP's and 14dBm for UNII-3 ones.
    As the individual integrated antenna has 4.6 dBi gain, according to the specs, this could only mean that AP is reporting its EIRP as Transmit Power. Please correct me if I am wrong!
    If it indeed reports the EIRP, why is it reporting 18dBm for the other sub-bands, where you could go up to 30dBm?  Could this only be a global EIRP limitation setting from the WLC (which I can't see without access)? I am curious how that works in the Aruba world.

------------------------------
    Alex Vrabie
    ------------------------------