Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Joining a 345 to an existing 325 cluster

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Joining a 345 to an existing 325 cluster

Posted May 25, 2021 01:00 PM
    Good afternoon everyone,

I have had some trouble the past few weeks with access points that were purchased before I took over this position. Many were AP-325s that are not compatible with our virtual controllers... Once I found that out I moved along to 345, that I have been told will work with virtual controllers. I am not able to connect a 345 to the virtual controller at my building. If I turn off auto join, I can see the AP in the VC, but its mac is red and I cannot change anything about it. If I wipe it and put auto join back on, it wont connect. The 345 is currently running 8.3 and the VC is running 8.6. I have not been able to update the 345 to 8.6 Draco, any advice on how to do that would be swell. Also I am sorry if my terminology is not 100% correct. I am learning :)

------------------------------
    Joseph Mandato

• 2.  RE: Joining a 345 to an existing 325 cluster

Posted May 25, 2021 03:47 PM
    Well I feel kind of silly. I was able to get 515 connected to the 325 cluster. I had to match 8.6.0.6 Hercules with 8.6.0.6 Draco and it connected right away. The TFTP issue was another fault of my own. I found that the TFTP  root folder was not the folder I thought it was so the AP was not able to find the OS I put in there. Thanks for taking the time to read and bearing with me while I grow :)

Joseph Mandato