Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA DPC- and User-Tunnel

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  VIA DPC- and User-Tunnel

Posted Jun 22, 2021 08:43 AM
    Hi all,

we have a working config for VIA with DPC- and User-Tunnels. Sometimes users have issues to connect to User-Tunnel after login to Windows, in the logs we see Network is unstable messages. Users then have to wait for VIA giving up and trigger the connection manually.
    After investigating in the logs I've seen that in one case DPC:VPN Ready is noted in VIA Status.txt and only 8 seconds later the init process for User-Tunnel started, whole connection was established in about 30 seconds. This behaviour was seen maybe more times. On my installation I normaly see DPC:VPN terminated and init process of User-Tunnel starts about 25 seconds later.

Test-User didn't face this issue by beeing more patient and give the processes more time to organize.

So questions after long story: What time users have to wait login to WIndows and is there any detailed manual or howto for VIA processes? We are attempting to understand the VIA processes and give a good and reliable VPN solutions to users. On the other hand we discuss with server guys to optimize the windows login process.

Best
    Dirk

------------------------------
    Dirk Scheffler
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: VIA DPC- and User-Tunnel

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2021 07:45 AM
    Hi Dirk,

please open a TAC Case. The are a lot of Framework conditions which come into the game.
    And if you would be so kind after solution by TAC you can post the reason and solution in this thread.

Cheers
    cordless