Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP225 blinking code

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  AP225 blinking code

Posted Jun 07, 2021 04:37 PM
    I had an AP225 that showed up as DOWN on the controller.  The PWR LED was blinking 15 times then the ENET1 blinked twice.  I POE bounced the AP and it came back up with the same blinking pattern and still showed DOWN on the controller.  Then I followed these steps from another thread:

1) show ap database | include Down

2)  "clear gap-db ap-name xxx"

3) Power cycled AP 

After I powercycled the AP it came back up with the same blinking pattern and was no longer showing up on the controller.

I checked my licenses and there is enough.  I also connected a test AP from my desk and it can be provisioned to the controller.  The AP is too high in the ceiling to connect a console cable.

Any ideas what this blinking pattern represents?  Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    C

• 2.  RE: AP225 blinking code

MVP
    Posted Jun 07, 2021 04:51 PM

Below are the meanings of the LEDs on the AP225. If your PWR LED is just continually flashing, its just trying to boot. Sounds like its trying to boot, not finding your controllers, rebooting, and repeating. Did your uplink switchport config change at all? Is it getting an IP ok? I'd bust out a ladder, console in, and watch the boot process to see exactly where/why its failing.

• 3.  RE: AP225 blinking code

Posted Jun 07, 2021 05:29 PM
    Hey Cody, thanks for the info. When I plugged in the test AP to the same port on the switch it was able to boot up and pull a config from the controllers.  Is it possible this AP has "gone bad".  Another curious thing was the network admin said the switch port read as DOWN; however, there was still the LED flashing lights on the AP

C

• 4.  RE: AP225 blinking code

MVP
    Posted Jun 08, 2021 09:16 AM
    It's always a possibility something goes bad on the AP board (unlikely, but possible). Try both the eth0 and eth1 ports, try different switchports, try to factory reset it, try a new patch cable, try to console in and watch the boot process (does it get an ip? can it find controllers and create a nodelist? etc.)... if after all of that it still wont come up, then it might be time to RMA it.