Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 15 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass SMS Gateway: HTTP transfer failed: error 35 (Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to...)

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  ClearPass SMS Gateway: HTTP transfer failed: error 35 (Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to...)

Posted Feb 08, 2021 12:31 PM
    Hi,

I started using ClearPass recently, and I tried to do the custom configuration for SMS gateway in order to send OTP for WIFI guests.
    SMS Gateway:  Custom HTTP Handler
    I did all required configuration as per Aruba configuration, but unfortunately I couldn't be able to send test SMS.
    Always received the following error message:
        'message' => 'HTTP transfer failed to ht.deewan.sa: error 35 (Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ht.deewan.sa:8443 )',

How we can resolve this issue? 

------------------------------
    Hasan Ahmed

• 2.  RE: ClearPass SMS Gateway: HTTP transfer failed: error 35 (Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to...)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2021 07:17 AM
    A quick check with openssl s_client and it appears to not send the intermediate cert although with a browser it does seem to.  Have you enabled that CA in the trust list?
    The server cert is issued by 'Gandi Standard SSL CA 2'.  You may need to add and enable that also in the trust list.

Michael Clarke (Aruba)