Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave in a Remote DC

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave in a Remote DC

Posted Mar 22, 2017 10:34 AM

Im speccing a server for our new Airwave purchase and I have the choice of running the server on site in the same subnet as our Aruba controllers. This would be less than ideal as we are trying to move as much as possible to our remote DC.

I also have the option to spin up a VM and run it in our remote DC which would be the preferred option for remote management and backup purposes. Bandwidth is not an issue for this link.

How sensitive is Airwave to latency? Onsite we are <1ms and typically between 6-8ms from the DC.

Is anyone else running airwave at a remote location? How are you getting on with it from a network/latency point of view?

I ask as if I want to go for the local option I will need to provide reasons why I cant use the remote DC option.

Thanks

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Airwave in a Remote DC
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 04:30 AM

I can't think of a reason not to put Airwave in your data-center. Deploying it like that, even with sites coming in over WAN connections or VPN connections with even higher latency is quite common. Airwave is communicating with the infrastructure via SNMP, SSH and AMON with your infrastructure, none of which should suffer from latencies/round-trip below 100ms or even more.