Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MTU size on controller

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  MTU size on controller

Posted Feb 03, 2015 11:47 AM

Im being asked to make the MTU system size lower in the controller

Anyone know how to do this?

I was looking around but i just saw how to change it but in the GRE Tunnel...

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: MTU size on controller

Posted Feb 03, 2015 11:58 AM

Well the client just explained me better the issue they are facing

i guess this migh fix 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-change-the-Maximum-Transfer-Unit-MTU-on-the-GRE-tunnel/ta-p/175990

Let see if it does 

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: MTU size on controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2015 09:52 PM

hi Carlos

For wireless client packets and the GRE tunnel you can use the sap mtu, the controller will automatically perform tcp mss adjustment based on the calculation of the sap mtu minus the overhead of the protocols in the tunnel (including the wlan encryption).  Confirm the current value with "show datapath tunnel".

The controller vlan interfaces also support MTU chaning if you are talking from a mangement perspective, they also support PMTUD - you shouldn't have to change them.

finally, the last place you can change MTU is if you are running PPPOE connection to the controller for management purposes, this is done via the vlan interface where PPPOE is setup, under ip pppoe-max-segment-size.

regards

-jeff