Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Remove name from white listed Campus AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Remove name from white listed Campus AP

Posted Dec 06, 2016 07:42 PM

Using a master local setup, our original plan was to use the campus whitelist to name APs and place them in their appropriate AP profile.  We later found it won't work that way as we still have to provision the APs after they are whitelisted. 

I now have several APs in the whitelist with hardcoded names and AP Profiles and no matter what I do I cannot seem to remove the name or AP group from the whitelist.  I have tried deleting the entry & modifying the entry on both the master and local controllers and via CLI and GUI.  What is the secret?  In other words, how do I make the APs in the red circle appear like the APs in the green circle? 

I ask because any values on the whitelist override any settings created during provisioning so it is currently not possible to rename these APs. 

AP Whitelist.jpg

• 2.  RE: Remove name from white listed Campus AP

Posted Feb 13, 2019 07:32 AM

was this ever resolved? I have a controller with one AP in the whitelist where AP-Group is set. But all the others APs have not.

How to delete the AP-Group from the whitelist entry?