Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

On occasion, my Instant networks will disappear from Airwave. Why?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  On occasion, my Instant networks will disappear from Airwave. Why?

Posted Feb 25, 2015 05:42 PM

The behavior:

I navigate to the Instant network in order to make a configuartion change, etc - and the APs listed appear as "0 of 34" where 34 is the number of actual APs on the Instant network. I cannot therefor select an AP, because the window is blank.

Where can I find out why these frames are appearing as blank?I tried grepping the log directory for the network name, but didn't see anything that instantly (ha ha) popped out as related.

Picture removed. Apparently didn't help answer the question anyway.

• 2.  RE: On occasion, my Instant networks will disappear from Airwave. Why?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 06, 2015 11:13 AM

I solved the problem by downgrading the firmware on the IAPs to 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1_46936 after I noticed many people having problems, and that the release I was using was pulled from the support site.

Nice to see they pulled it to prevent issues with CPU usage on the IAPs, but I wonder if I missed the announcement or why support didn't snap to my problem in the first place?

What's the best way to stay abrest of things like this? We had problems with our IAPs and the new firmware for over amonth, and I had to dig around quite a bit to discover a working solution.