Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 3600 Bandwidth Control

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 3600 Bandwidth Control

Posted May 23, 2017 05:05 AM

Hi Aruba Expert,

Can you give me. Currently we are using Aruba 3600 controller and with 4 SSID. We are planning to add more user so we need to control Bandwidth. Is there avilable to control bandwidth with SSID. Let say one SSID using for Robot and I want them full control access without bandwidth control but Other SSID using for laptop or other .. those are want to control bandwidth. It is possible to do. If can how to do it .

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba 3600 Bandwidth Control

Posted May 23, 2017 05:16 AM

You can set bandwith restrictions in your roles.........

• 3.  RE: Aruba 3600 Bandwidth Control

Posted May 23, 2017 05:30 AM

Hi Jame ,

It is will effect to all user ? on roles how we goona set Bandwidth. ?

• 4.  RE: Aruba 3600 Bandwidth Control

Posted May 23, 2017 05:41 AM

Here's the bandwidth control section of the userguide:

Here's some text from there explaining how to create and apply a bandwidth setting to a role.

Configuring a Bandwidth Contract in the WebUI

In the WebUI, you can first configure a bandwidth contract and then assign it to a user role:

1.Navigate to the Configuration > Advanced Services > Stateful Firewall > BW Contracts page.
     2.Click Add to create a new contract.
     3.In the Contract Name field, enter BC512_up.
     4.The Bandwidth field allows you to define a bandwidth rate in either kbps or Mbps. For this example, enter 512 in the Bandwidth field, then click the drop-down list and select kbps.
     5.Click Done.

Assigning a Bandwidth Contract to a User Role in the WebUI

Now that you have a defined bandwidth contract, you can assign that contract to a user role.

1.Navigate to the Configuration > Security > Access Control > User Roles page.
     2.Select Edit for the web-guest user role.
     3.Under Bandwidth Contract, select BC512_up from the drop-down menu for Upstream.
     4.Select Per User.
     5.Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Apply.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 3600 Bandwidth Control

Posted May 30, 2017 08:44 PM

Hi James,

Only this way can do ? any other way to do with SSID . Let say I have created 5 SSID for our Wireless . there 2 or 3 I want to control Bandwidth. It is possible? User role I am not too clear and current we are not creating a lot user roles.