Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Software Support

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Instant Software Support

Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:13 AM

Hi All,

Am i correct in thinking that there is no requirement to have a support contract with Aruba in order to gain access to Instant firmware for any specific installation?

For example, if i sell an Instant solution to a customer, any support service/care pack I offer is optional without removing the ability to access firmware for updates etc.

Thansk In Advance

• 2.  RE: Instant Software Support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:26 AM

Customers without a support contract only have access to the software here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20388

Updates are posted there if we are shipping new APs with newer software or if there is a vulnerability that is fixed.

• 3.  RE: Instant Software Support

Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:33 AM

Thanks cjoseph,

To clarify, no bug fix releases are available? I can see newest version in  the link you provided is 6.5.2 whereas with support login I can see up to 6.5.4 and then 8.3.0.0.

What options do i have for buying levels of support? 

Kind Reagrds 

• 4.  RE: Instant Software Support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:54 AM

Correct, no bugfixes.

You would have to contact the sales person who sold you the instant APs.  My limited knowledge of instant purchased support would be the ability to open TAC cases, next business day replacement of hardware and access to all firmware updates.  You should double check to ensure that is correct for your customer's region.