Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 5406r zl2 act as ntp server and client

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Aruba 5406r zl2 act as ntp server and client

Posted Jun 16, 2018 02:38 PM

Hello,

Is it supported, that Aruba Switch 5406 with firmware KB.16.05.0007 act as NTP client and server?

My design:

Aruba 5406 is Core switch with 10 VLAN's (one of them is Management vlan). On this switch I synchronize with outside (public) ntp server with Management vlan as source. (Works and get correct time).

Then I have 15 access switches with the same management vlan. I would like to implement so that this switches synchronized with my Core switch (aruba 5406). But when I configure it (the "show ntp status"  show as Not Synced). The time is not correct.

Please help.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 5406r zl2 act as ntp server and client
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 10:13 AM

Hi, these switches support NTP client and all the needed features. These switches can't be enabled as NTP server. Hope this will answer you're question. 

• 3.  RE: Aruba 5406r zl2 act as ntp server and client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 03:23 PM

Hi Blaz,

The switch acts as a NTP Client.

There are two solutions for the given Design.

1. You can Sync all your switches to the Public NTP server.

2. You can setup a Local NTP server and Sync all the switches with the internal NTP server.

Hope it helps