Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105 not converting back to instant

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-105 not converting back to instant

MVP
    Posted Apr 05, 2019 03:08 PM

We have a bunch of older IAP-105s that we had converted to CAPs. We have decommissioned these IAPs and I want to convert them back to instant but I'm unable to. I've tried the reset button on the back, according to the instructions, as well as the factory_reset command in the console. The lable on the back of each says IAP-105. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here...

• 2.  RE: IAP-105 not converting back to instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2019 03:42 AM

Do you have a console cable that you can plug into the back of the AP and see what the output is? On the IAP-105 it can take 10 seconds or more in the reset procedure before you can see the fast flashing lights. Did you see the lights flashing fast, indicating the factory reset was successful?

• 3.  RE: IAP-105 not converting back to instant

MVP
    Posted Apr 08, 2019 08:33 AM

Yep, I've tried resetting using the physical button and consoling in using the factory_reset command. Both don't work. It's almost as if the instant partition is gone.

• 4.  RE: IAP-105 not converting back to instant
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2019 08:40 AM

If you have console access, you could try to load the Instant firmware via TFTP into both slots via apboot (repeat that procedure for both slot 0 and 1). That should recover the firmware and the AP should boot again.

• 5.  RE: IAP-105 not converting back to instant

MVP
    Posted Apr 08, 2019 08:58 AM

This worked. Thank you!