I also have WPA3 backward compatibility issues:
Aruba AP-303 Firmware 22.214.171.124
1. Client tries to connect to a new WPA3-Personal protected Wi-Fi network (network is shown unprotected in client);
2. Client cannot connect. No probes, associations, no wireless traffic from client is available in Wi-Fi trace;
3. Change network protection from WPA3-Personal to WPA2-Personal;
4. Client can connect immediately (network is shown protected in client);
5. Change network protection from WPA2-Personal to WPA3-Personal;
6. Client stays connected. When disconnected, it can reconnect without any problems;
7. Remove the known network in the client;
8. Client cannot connect. No probes, associations, no wireless traffic from client is available in Wi-Fi trace;
Same issue on Canon wireless printer (MG5650)
Windows client can connect without any issues, even when its a 'new' network.
Can be a client issue, but has anybody found a solution?