Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2930F max local user-roles

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  2930F max local user-roles

Posted Nov 19, 2018 03:51 AM
      |   view attached

Hello all,

I've ran into a limitation on 2930F switches with local user-roles. When I try to define a new user-role I get the following error:

"The maximum number of local user roles allowed is 32".

This is a big problem since our customer is using more then 32 vlan's on their access layer. I personally don't want to go back to the days of having to manually configure a port so I'm working with support to get this resolved. Also posting here since I didn't find this particular limit anywhere in docs or community posts.

I'm considering to try downloadable user roles if it allows me to add more then 32 user-roles to the switches, but I don't know if that'll let me pass the limitation. More testing required ;-)

I've included a configuration for review.

Attachment(s)

txt
    SERO_AS_VSF_01.txt   99 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: 2930F max local user-roles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 04:04 PM

Greetings!

Our engineering team is taking a look at local user role limits on each switching platform and investigating whether they can be increased. We will post any updates on this feature in this forum as we get them.

• 3.  RE: 2930F max local user-roles

Posted Nov 21, 2018 03:42 AM

Hi Matthew,

Support told me something similair. As a workaround (and maybe the better way to go) support told me to use Downloadable User Roles as these aren't limited like local user roles are. If I run into limits with DUR's I'll update this thread.

I hope the local role limits are increased, I like to have options to choose from ;-). Maybe update docs to reflect these local roles are limited?

• 4.  RE: 2930F max local user-roles
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 10, 2018 07:58 AM

FYI,

There is the ArubaOS 16.08(.0001) available with :

Local User Roles
    To address use cases with hundreds of types of users, the number of Local User Roles has been increased to
    512. For more information, see the User Roles chapter in the Access Security Guide.

:-)