Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP 305, dhcp problems

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP 305, dhcp problems

Posted Apr 01, 2019 11:29 AM

Having strange problems. I have 3 working SSIDs through which workstations are transmitting dhcp requests over their separate VLANS to dhcp server when joining the network. Then I have one ad-hoc SSID which uses different DHCP server (based on VLAN and used VLAN is DEFAULT_VLAN = 1) and here comes the strange part. Some machines get an address nicely and get to the network with it. Then some machines won't get an address at all, since their dhcp discover messages are not answered (not shown on workstation nic). If I put the same workstation via cable connection to same VLAN, it gets an address nicely from the same DHCP server. I have compared the working SSID settings to this non-working multiple times, but can't figure out why this doesn't work.

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP 305, dhcp problems

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 01, 2019 12:56 PM

Please check your ACL in your aaa role if it has the DHCP service allow, for a template see the default guest role. I see familar issues as you discripted on this.

dhcp.JPG

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP 305, dhcp problems
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 02, 2019 05:34 AM

Thanks for the suggestion! Apparently the fault was in using VLAN 1 which is used by attached MPLS devices for something internal and the dhcp requests started appearing back on wlan devices after I changed the used VLAN to other non-used.