Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Switch Template Configuration

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Switch Template Configuration

Posted May 07, 2019 11:18 AM

Hi All,

Im new with Aruba OS/ Aruba Central. I want to configure some groups of switches, to be more especific 2930 & 3810 models, but if I understood well, if you want to configure a switch, it need to be DEFAULT mode and also it's not only copy/paste the SW configuration to aruba central, it need to be in a kind of format or template that Aruba Central understand. Is this right?

In that case which format/template I need to follow to configure the switches?

Or if I configure the switches by Aruba Central, can I extract that configuration in a template or txt format?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Switch Template Configuration

Posted May 22, 2019 03:55 AM

Hi,

Check this links. It describes all the steps that you should follow when you provision a switch on the central:

https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/latest/documentation/online_help/content/public_cloud/applications/wired_management/prov_tmplt_prcnf.htm

Just to answer shortly on your question! You have the possibility of provisioning a pre-configured switch on central. When the switch is provisioned on the central it needs to connect to a group! If you connect it to a previousely created group it will loose the configuration, but you always can import the configuration of that switch into a new created group. 

Under wired management you choose the group which you imported the configuration of the switch to, and there you can see the template which was created and the variables also. So it a little bit kind of process when you manage the switches on central but as soon as you understand it how it is done it is very simple.