Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Migrate from Airwatch to Intune on ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Migrate from Airwatch to Intune on ClearPass

Posted Sep 06, 2019 08:25 AM

My customer is planning to change his MDM. All the endpoints will be moved from Airwatch to Intune in a couple of weeks.
    I have a question about the migration period. My goal is to add and test Intune on ClearPass without impacting the current authentications.

Considering that I will use the Intune Extension 4 with caching, I think that :
    -EndPoint Repository will keep the Airwatch Endpoints with "source=airwatch" as soon as Airwatch is a valid Endpoint Context Server.
    -When an endpoint from Intune will authenticate, it will add some attributes on the existing entry in Endpoint Repository ?
    Without removing the existing airwatch attributes ?

Considering that I will not use the new Intune Extension caching Feature, it seems easier :
    -EndPoint Repository will keep the Airwatch Endpoints with "source=airwatch" as soon as Airwatch is a valid Endpoint Context Server.
    -When an endpoint from Intune will authenticate, I will find it and make authorization on the external Intune db, without any impact on Endpoint Repository.

I'ld like to get a feedback on this kind of migration : Any MDM as Endpoint Context Server to Intune.