Network Management

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave required firewall ports

This thread has been viewed 51 times
  • 1.  Airwave required firewall ports

Posted Sep 09, 2019 06:53 PM

Hi,

I have a plan to add all my Aruba switches (2530 and 2930) as managed devices in Airwave, but my Airwave server is behind the company firewall.

What is the required ports that i need to enable in the firewall to have the switches communicate with Airwave and to be able to push the switches configuration back?

Appreciate your help,

Husam

• 2.  RE: Airwave required firewall ports
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2019 07:13 PM

For Communication between Airwave switches, we need SNMP (162 &162) for Monitoring and traps, SSH (22) for config push and audits, HTTPS (443) for Firmware upgrade process and ZTP. TFTP and/or SFTP for F/w file transfer and config restore.

• 3.  RE: Airwave required firewall ports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2019 05:11 AM

You can refer installation guide for more details related to ports used by Airwave, from page 10

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=34610

• 4.  RE: Airwave required firewall ports

Posted Nov 24, 2021 09:20 AM
    Sadly link now Invalid.

------------------------------
    Toby Setchfield

• 5.  RE: Airwave required firewall ports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2021 11:10 AM
    A copy of the Airwave documentation is in the GUI:

In the GUI of Airwave, go to Documentation> user guide HTML and search for "ports"

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.