Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Boot process

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AP Boot process

Posted Oct 23, 2019 01:00 PM

Hello All,

Can someone please shed some light on the below:

In my environment i have 2 clusters but some acess points have been put onto the wrong cluster accidently because of an incorrect DHCP option for the other cluster.

As they have come up on the wrong cluster, i am wanting to move them over to the other cluster by correcting the DHCP option, and rebooting them, however it just wont work.

I am starting to think this is because the AP has the node list from the other cluster but i am wondering where the node list comes into the boot process. The only way i can do this at the moment is to factory reset the AP, or manually provision it with a static IP from the MM GUI - which is fine.

I understand the AP does ADP, DHCP, and then DNS resolution in order to discover the controller. however is there a more indepth/low level explanation of this as i am curious if the node list is prioritized over the knew DHCP option.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: AP Boot process
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 01:15 PM

The AP always checks the nodelist first if it has contacted a cluster.  It will ignore any other discovery methods.

You can manually provision it to point at the cluster and that will be the end of it.