Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP and Aruba Central Subscription

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  IAP and Aruba Central Subscription

Posted Feb 07, 2020 09:29 AM

I am currently working on designing a small implementation of Aruba.

The client desires to control the AP's through the cloud, in other words Aruba Central. The trial phase is a small office, we will be installing 5 IAP.

My question is concerning the subscription license of Aruba Central and the IAP acting as the controller. 

Will the IAP acting as the controller lose it's ability to connect clients? In other words act as an AP also?

I know it's one license per AP connecting to Aruba Central, but will it be all 5 AP's or just the one for the IAP acting as the controller?

I have only implemented regular AP to Controller/Mobility Master architectures so this is fairly new to me.

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: IAP and Aruba Central Subscription
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 07, 2020 09:39 AM

For every IAP connected to Central, it will require a license. So if you have 5x IAP then you will need 5x Device License. 

If the IAP loses connection to Central it will serve clients but be locally managed. 

*EDIT* - No the IAP hosting the VC will not loose the ability serve clients, it will still act as an AP.