Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VPN Configuration for remote AP mode

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  VPN Configuration for remote AP mode

Posted Apr 18, 2020 08:46 PM

HI All, 

My question about VPN configuration for remote AP , actually AP is in the same site with the controller but i used the remote mode because i have only one controller and i need to keep SSID broadcasting if the controller is down , my question about the VPN Configuration needed for this situation considering that both in same site already not a branch site , what should i configure in steps?

• 2.  RE: VPN Configuration for remote AP mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2020 09:12 PM

My colleague just wrote a very detailed paper on how to configure remote AP here:  https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00097853en_us

Please keep in mind that configuring remote AP in a campus setting is very nonstandard.

• 3.  RE: VPN Configuration for remote AP mode

Posted Apr 18, 2020 11:13 PM

If You use AP as Campus it should be within the organization internal network Managed by MC. If Config as RAP, it should be outside from the network but managed by MC.

But Campus AP/RAP your data/management traffic securely communicate via a GRE tunnel.  No need to create another VPN to the corporate network.