Wired

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Posted Jul 09, 2020 11:29 PM

Hi,

What is an equivalent command - aaa authentication allow-fail-through for 2930F Aruba switches?

I want to tell the 2930F switch - Use first local configured user credentials. If this fails then use the radius server.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 11, 2020 09:51 PM

• 3.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Posted Jul 14, 2020 04:59 AM

I don't think you can set the order, radius or TACACS will be first, local can be set as a backup. You could have your partner or Aruba SE file an enhancement request in the Aruba Innovation Zone.

• 4.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Posted Jul 17, 2020 03:18 AM

That's right there is no facility in 2930F devices to set order. I think this has been rectified in CX switches. 

I don't get it, what you mean - You could have your partner or Aruba SE file an enhancement request in the Aruba Innovation Zone.

What's the Aruba innovation zone?

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Posted Jul 17, 2020 03:51 AM

Innovation Zone is a system where Aruba Partners, Resellers and Distributors as well Aruba employees have access to.

You can reach out to your partner/reseller or if you have direct contacts with the local sales team of Aruba in your region reach out to them so they can file a feature enhancement request.

• 6.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Posted Jul 17, 2020 03:54 AM

Got it.

Thank you.

• 7.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2020 04:37 AM

Yes, it is not supported on ArubaOS switch but there is the option now on ArubaCX Switch

for IAP, it is enable by default (and for Aruba Controller, there is a settings for this)