Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Bandwidth limit for guests

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Bandwidth limit for guests

Posted Feb 28, 2013 03:05 AM

Hi,

Anyone can help me about this:

In IAPs-105, there is a guest wifi network and a private wifi network. Guest logs in with the self-registration of CP Guest. I would like to limit the bandwidth of the guests but also to preserve a bandwidth for the private wifi.

I have seen in CPPM an Enforcement Profil "Guest Bandwidth Limit", I think I need to use it but don't understand really how (instead of having read the documentation).

Someone can give me more details how to do it ?

Thanks

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: Bandwidth limit for guests

Posted Feb 28, 2013 04:29 AM

You may configure the QoS on the Instant itself.  If you create a new SSID or edit the current one and click on advanced you can configure this easily. There is an option to use user/radio/airtime bandwith limits.

From the user guide:

1. Bandwidth Limits— You can specify three types of bandwidth limits.

•   Airtime— Indicates the aggregate amount of airtime that all clients on this Network can use to

send/receive data.

•   Each user— Indicates the throughput for any single user on this Network. The throughput value is specified in kbps.

•   Each radio— Indicates the aggregate amount of throughput each radio (some AP models have multiple radios) is allowed to provide for all clients connected to that radio 

• 3.  RE: Bandwidth limit for guests

Posted Feb 28, 2013 04:42 AM

Ok thanks but why not doing this on CCPM ?

• 4.  RE: Bandwidth limit for guests
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 28, 2013 05:54 AM

What you want is quite simple I would do it on the Instant itself.

You need to place the QoS on the Instant, on CPPM you could do some kind of accounting (for example the user reach a certain bandiwth then the connection is terminated) or send back some attribute which can be used to place the users to different roles.

• 5.  RE: Bandwidth limit for guests

Posted Feb 28, 2013 05:56 AM

Thanks, I understand better now how to do it.

Dimitri