Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Windows client with multiple certs not prompting user to select correct cert

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Windows client with multiple certs not prompting user to select correct cert

Posted Oct 13, 2014 09:19 AM

I have successfully onboarded a bunch of machines.  One client approached me today that couldn't connect.  Upon looking at his machine...he's got multiple certs.   He's got "Use simple certificate selection" checked.  When we manually connect....the user gets an error "Obtain a certificate from your administrator".

I can't find a way to get past this...I can't get the user connected regardless of what I do.

Normally...we get a prompt to pick a certifcate from the user's cert store.

• 2.  RE: Windows client with multiple certs not prompting user to select correct cert

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2014 02:03 AM
    I would reonboard the device and see if there are any errors in the logs, but it sounds like you are running into the same issue in the link.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/EAP-TLS-Windows-Certificate-Selection/td-p/207781

• 3.  RE: Windows client with multiple certs not prompting user to select correct cert

Posted Oct 15, 2014 08:08 AM

He's onboarded multiple times.   He's got the right cert.   WIndows just doesn't ask him to pick a cert as it does on other systems.