Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP 225 LACP - GRE Question

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP 225 LACP - GRE Question

Posted Oct 29, 2014 10:26 AM

Hi There,

NOTE: My main question is at the bottom

We have multiple sites with multiple Aruba IAP 225's in a Master/Slave setup and we would like to utilize the 2'nd ethernet port for increased throughput.

As a test to get things started we have a single Netgear GS724T Switch with 1 Aruba IAP 225(On the latest firmware), I have configured the required ports on the switch as follows:

Port 1 = Uplink(Internet)

Port 2 = LAG Member

Port 3 = LAG Member

I have configured the LAG to use LACP(not Static), spanning tree is off and Admin Mode is on.

When I power up the AP, it work's fine as standalone, I can see that in the switch, in the LAG section it says "g2,g3 link up". When I ssh onto the AP i run "show lacp status" it shows as below:

lacp.jpg

My question is, what is the "AP LACP GRE Striping IP: 0.0.0.0" ?, I have tried to read up on this and am getting very confused at the explanations/tutorials I've seen. Do I need it ?, is what I've got above ok for LACP ?

Most explanations I've seen is where people have configured the GRE and LMS IP on a Aruba/Cisco switch of some sort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Nisha

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP 225 LACP - GRE Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 10:28 AM
    You do not need the GRE striping IP in an Instant environment.

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP 225 LACP - GRE Question

Posted Oct 29, 2014 10:36 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply, are you able to elaborate on that at all ?

Also, it showing up like that in the picture is ok ?

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP 225 LACP - GRE Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 10:37 AM

It is used in controller-based environments to allow switches to load balance traffic back to the controller(s)  using IP address.

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP 225 LACP - GRE Question

Posted Oct 31, 2014 04:53 AM

Hi,

I think your capture looks good, yes gre is only for controller based.

NOTE:

If you want redundancy for your Instants,put an external power supply on it, at the moment (actual firmware) the iap 225 only supports PoE on eth0 if eth0 fails there is no power on the IAP, the only thing to came over this is an external power supply...

If test this, I have installed wifi with iap225 in critical places, where wifi must work and we put on as failover an external powersupply and make lacp on stack member1 and member 2 ...

If you found my post helpful, please give kudos