Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Which network interface do CoA requests come out of

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Which network interface do CoA requests come out of

Posted Jan 18, 2016 11:51 AM

Hi,

I've got a cluster of CPPM servers, I'm using both network interfaces so I've got a management lan and a data lan. An F5 load balances client requests across the data lan interfaces of each of our secondary  servers.

I've a question about how a CoA request gets out of the cluster. If I'm logged onto the master publisher and I send a CoA request to terminate a session, what clustered box does it come out of? Do CoA requests all come out of the master publisher? Does it come out of the cluster member that  serviced the  initial auth request?

Other reason for asking is on our comware switches you have to define the ip/key associated with the box sending the CoA and thats either going to be the master or all members of the cluster.

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Which network interface do CoA requests come out of

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 18, 2016 11:54 AM
    It should be sourced from the server that handled the authentication request.

You should add all of your servers for dynamic authorization.

• 3.  RE: Which network interface do CoA requests come out of

Posted Jan 26, 2016 03:54 AM

and if your servers have 2 network interfaces, a managment one and a data one that all the auths come in via?

Which interface do the CoA requests come out of?

A

• 4.  RE: Which network interface do CoA requests come out of

Posted Jan 26, 2016 07:11 AM
    The Data Port